TRIXTER Berlin is currently looking for a Senior System Administrator. To start as soon as possible.
Location: Berlin, Germany
Type of contract: Full-time, long-term
- 2nd through 3rd line support of production infrastructure including backend servers, workstations software and end users
- Setup and maintain internal Linux repository of mirrored upstream repos and internal packages.
- Train and mentor 1st Level Support Staff
- Design, implement and maintain Linux, Windows and network infrastructure (workstations, servers and VMs) to meet the goals of the business.
- Through the use of monitoring and alerting software ensure that all critical infrastructure is able to provide status alerts in the event of failure and proactively track the status of endpoints to prevent failure
- Coordinating regular backups of internal systems and projects
- Continuously improve the operating environment through communication with key stakeholders
- Documenting existing and future systems to enable knowledge transfer within the department.
- Maintain software and hardware inventories
The Ability to:
- Manage complex technical setups in a high pressure / zero down time environment.
- Design, implement and maintain solutions using the latest technology in order to meet the business diverse requirements.
- Work well under own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Solve complex issues in a timely manner.
- Communicate and support both technical and non technical stakeholders in an international English speaking team
- Customer focused approach to delivering IT Services and support
- 3+ years proven Linux system administration experience in large and complex environments.
- Understanding of Windows Server and Active Directory
- Demostrable use of configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef or Puppet.
- Enterprise experience of release management including git for version control.
- Knowledge of one or more scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Python, Perl ).
- High Performance / Distributed file systems (ZFS, GPFS, Gluster etc)
- An organised approach to IT service delivery. Able to manage projects and junior staff.
- Experience working with remote or distributed servers
- Virtualization software such as VMWare or HyperV
- Server monitoring application – eg: Zabbix, Nagios, or Icinga
- Familiarity with VFX workflow / applications such as Maya, Nuke, 3D Studio Max
- WAN / LAN networking skills and VPN setup / configuration
We are very much looking forward to receive your application!
Please send us your CV, the earliest commencement date and salary expectation to email@example.com